Think YOU are ready for the next big stage? Live Auditions for the third annual showcase of Kollaboration Seattle will be held at University of Washington Ethnic Culture Theater on May 6, 2012!
- Grand Prize Winner of Kollaboration Seattle 3 ($1,000)
- Audience Choice Award ($500)
Register online for your priority spot at our auditions →
Please take the time to read over the audition Rules & Regulations carefully. Failure to meet these requirements will result in immediate dismissal and disqualification from your audition.
To audition, please complete and submit a detailed application with all past performance experience and if available, a video link of highest quality video possible. Registration submission deadline is Sunday, April 22, 2012.
Requirements for submission:
- At least 1 (ONE) member of your group must be Asian/Asian-American
- Auditions may be no longer than 5 minutes
Acts will be chosen by Kollaboration Seattle staff to participate in the live auditions. All candidates invited to the live auditions will be notified by Saturday, April 28, 2012.
Walk-up auditions will only be taken on a time and space available basis!
Rules and Regulations
1. All members of your performance MUST be present at the time and date of the live audition assigned by Kollaboration Seattle staff. Please arrive early! Failure to show up at your designated time slot may result in disqualification from your auditions.
2. At least 1 (ONE) member of the group must be Asian/Asian-American.
3. NO profanity or foul language, such as racist and sexist remarks, is allowed.
4. Artists are responsible for providing their own music, instruments, props, etc.
5. Artists must be available for a full dress rehearsal at the time and date designated by the Kollaboration Seattle staff, tentatively in October 2012. Artists must be available for the entire day of Kollaboration Seattle 3.
6. Artists are expected to adhere to all contracts and forms signed with Kollaboration Seattle.
7. Kollaboration Seattle staff must approve all music and performances.
8. Kollaboration Seattle staff reserves the right to refuse performances to artists for disorderly conduct that Kollaboration feels is unacceptable or against the theme of unity, creativity, and celebration to the Asian American community.
*NOTE: All auditions are private and not open for public viewing. This includes family, friends and other supporters.
Participants will be judged on:
Skill , Stage Presence, and Creativity/Originality
- Participants are responsible for providing their own music (instruments, backtrack, gear).
- Participants are required to notify Kollaboration Seattle staff with any and all music and tech requests (sounds, stage set up, etc.) prior to the day of live auditions.
- If under the age of 18, permission is required by a parent or authorized guardian. Proof of age with an official identification card must be presented upon request by Kollaboration Seattle staff.
- All music and performance must be approved by Kollaboration Seattle staff
Kollaboration Seattle 3: October 2012
Participants will be notified by Kollaboration Seattle staff by Sunday, May 20th if chosen to compete in our 2012 showcase. Press kits (biography, picture and all other media) for you/your group must be provided to Kollaboration Seattle staff upon request. Competitors must be available ALL DAY for a full dress rehearsal and show.
Other important events to remember for competitors: (Dates are TBD)
- promo video / photo shoot
- café night / preview show
Kollaboration Seattle reserves the right to refuse performances for disorderly conduct that we feel is unacceptable or against the theme of unity, creativity, and celebration to the Asian American community. If your performance changes drastically during dress rehearsal, we reserve the right to remove your performance.